Handwriting Without Tears
Children Who May Benefit
The program works well with any student but is particularly helpful for children struggling with writing skills, slow learners, students with poor motor skills or cognitive difficulties.
Handwriting Without Tears aims to make legible and fluent handwriting a skill that students can master easily. A wonderful complement to Occupational Therapy, the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum provides a hands-on approach using visual, tactile, auditory, and kinesthetic activities. Students complete multi-sensory activities with each lesson helping them to improve writing techniques, proper letter formation, and neatness. PPT4Kids has several Occupational Therapists who are certified as well as trained in Handwriting Without Tears.
- Increase fine motor skills
- Improve letter recognition
- Develop letter formation and size
- Enhance social skills
- Develop good sitting posture and trunk control
- Improve age appropriate grasping of writing implement
- Writing: Whose Job Is It Anyway?
- Speech Therapy: Approach to Writing
- Occupational Therapy in Handwriting for Early Education and Elementary Years
- Warm up the Fingers for Better Handwriting
- Back to School: Let’s Get Organized
- Sensory Strategies During Virtual Schooling
- School Age to Teens Toy Recommendations
- Preschool Toy Recommendations
More articles available in our Blog