We are excited to provide Teletherapy as an option for our families!
What is Teletherapy?
Teletherapy is the delivery of speech, occupational, and/or physical therapy services at a distance with the use of real-time video conferencing software, similar to Skype or Facetime. Teletherapy allows therapeutic support to be provided to families within the comfort of their own homes. Our therapists utilize a mixture of traditional therapy techniques, parent coaching, and digital materials to directly support you and engage your child!
How does Teletherapy work?
The scheduling department will communicate with you to coordinate a convenient time for therapy appointments. You will then receive a link to access the video conferencing software, which is entirely free for families and also compliant with privacy standards (HIPAA). To set up for the therapy session, you will ensure the camera and microphone are working, and that the camera is in an area that allows the therapist to view you and your child.
What equipment is needed for Teletherapy?
The only equipment needed is a device with a built-in camera and microphone (e.g., laptop, desktop computer, tablet, iPad, phone) and reliable internet connection! Our therapy platform also requires the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
At times, your therapist may request additional equipment/toys/tools at your home that may be beneficial for your treatment session.
Is Teletherapy covered by insurance?
What are the benefits of Teletherapy?
- Convenient and flexible
- Provides more scheduling options amidst your busy schedule
- Reduces travel time and expense
- No need to spend time or money driving to the clinic
- Increases consistency and regularity
- Allows your child to have the opportunity to receive therapy despite obstacles such as sickness, extreme weather conditions, or vehicle breakdowns
- Increases progress and reduces possibility of regression
- Promotes better carryover of skills into the child’s typical environment by allowing the therapist to apply strategies to the home setting (at a distance!)
- Empowers families via parent education/coaching and modeling (this is our typical focus when working with toddlers and younger children)
- Technology is fun!
- Provides the ability to provide fun, engaging digital materials, game-based activities, videos, and more
- Observes proper social distancing protocols
- Allows your child to continue progressing while maintaining his/her health